What is Sports Funding?
Schools are allocated a sum of money to support all children and improve the quantity and breadth of PE and sport provision.
The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school, and the school must decide how best to use the money to improve the quality of PE and sport provision.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
- School has been represented in a range of competitive sports against other school (football, netball, cross-country, athletics, duathlon).
- A wider selection of extra-curricular clubs including football, netball, cross-country, dance, multi-skills.
- Increasing participation of children from certain year groups.
- Winners of the Catholic Rally for football and 3rd place in Catholic league.
Areas Of Development
- Provide a wider selection of extra-curricular activities and across all year groups.
- Further develop staff CPD in all areas of PE through whole school inset training and tailored support.
- Increase the quality of first hand teaching of PE across the school.
- Further increase levels of active participation during lunchtime.
- Increase the range of teams the school competes against.
- Provide opportunities to support children in making good decisions about nutrition, active lifestyles and keeping safe.
- Raise levels of fitness across the school.
- Provide further opportunities to develop and foster team work.
- Train lunchtime leaders to support younger children.
Sports Funding 2017-2018